Virtual Teacher PD! Introducing Citizen Science in the Classroom
April 22 @ 7:00 pm - 8:30 pmFree
Virtual Educator Professional Development Opportunity! Citizen science can be a fun and engaging way to bring real research projects into your classroom. Explore how to use citizen science to bring STEM careers into your classroom.
Workshop: Introducing Citizen Science in the Classroom
7:00 – 7:30 PM Eastern Time | Introducing Citizen Science in the Classroom
7:30 – 8:30 PM Eastern Time | Strategies for Integrating STEM Careers in the Classroom
- How have participants integrated discussion of STEM careers in the classroom?
- Share and discuss best practices and challenges found to date
- Learn about STEM careers in MD, TX, and USA as a whole
- Learn and discuss issues facing the STEM pipeline and stereotypes surround STEM jobs.
- How can citizen science projects be used to integrate STEM careers into the classroom?
- Learn about a handful of citizen science projects, the organizations that run them, and the careers behind the projects.
- Bring hands-on experience into the classroom that has real world applications and allows students to contribute to ongoing research.
- Explore how citizen science projects can be used to boost classroom learning about data collection, analysis, and interpretation.
- Discuss and explore how individual teachers or schools can design and set up their own projects in their community to build their own long-term data sets.
Registration is free, but required. Register for this event >