As of March 23, 2020
Following the guidance of local schools, Learning Undefeated will be suspending educational programming until schools are ready to re-open.
Until that time, we have launched a new project called At-Home Science Experiment of the Day. Every weekday, Learning Undefeated’s educators are sharing a new experiment that parents, teachers, and kids can try at home with materials you already have. Keep kids focused on STEM and engaged, even while schools are closed! Science experiments will be posted on Facebook (@LearningUNDFTD) and our new YouTube channel at 11 AM Eastern each day.
We want to do our part to keep kids connected to STEM learning, so we will have a new science experiment each weekday until schools re-open.
As of March 12, 2020
The health and well-being of the students, schools, and staff are of the utmost importance to us at Learning Undefeated. As a science-based organization, we are constantly monitoring the evidence related to the spread of the COVID-19 virus and following CDC guidelines for health and safety.
In an abundance of caution, we have suspended education programming through March 27, 2020. We realize this is a constantly shifting environment, and will re-evaluate this decision weekly to determine if an additional suspension period is necessary. Our team will work with impacted schools to reschedule activities as soon as possible.
In addition, Learning Undefeated is taking steps to help stop or slow the spread infectious diseases onboard our mobile laboratories and in the classroom. Steps we are taking to ensure student and staff safety include:
- Working with each school district we serve to respect and comply with cancellations and closures.
- Emphasizing coughing and sneezing etiquette in the lab and classroom.
- Being vigilant about hand hygiene. Providing soap and water, hand sanitizer, and/or disinfecting wipes for staff and students to clean their hands often, as recommended by the CDC.
- Cleaning frequently touched surfaces during and between classes, including laboratory benches, technology, handrails, and scientific equipment.
- Providing disposable wipes to clean commonly used surfaces (keyboards, tabletops, remote controls, pipettes) before each use.
- Actively encouraging sick employees to stay home, and making work-from-home arrangements where necessary.
- Aggressively assessing commitments to large-scale events, and making arrangements to reschedule where practical.
- Limiting non-critical employee travel and encouraging virtual meetings instead.
- Performing daily environmental cleaning of frequently touched surfaces (doorknobs, light switches, countertops, equipment) with disinfectant.
We are committed to the health and safety of all participants, and our team will continue to take any and all necessary steps to ensure we hold true to this commitment.
Brian Gaines, CEO, Learning Undefeated