MdBio Foundation is hiring! We’re now accepting applications for our next mobile laboratory instructor. If you want to apply, please send your resume with a statement of qualifications.
Position: Mobile Laboratory Instructor
The Mobile Laboratory Instructor is an enthusiastic individual who presents laboratory activities in a mobile laboratory for high school students and teachers. The Instructor provides instruction to high school students and teachers aboard the MdBioLab, a custom designed mobile laboratory inside a 45-foot tractor-trailer that travels to schools throughout Maryland. Instructors present current and relevant hands-on laboratory activities to students. This is a full-time, Monday through Friday, year-round position.
- Teaching high school laboratory activities and extended or enrichment opportunities to Maryland students
- Laboratory preparation, set-up and clean up
- Present and revise curriculum, activities and materials
- Assist with coordinating and conducting professional development for educators
- Coordinate and schedule moving, location and routine vehicle maintenance for the mobile laboratory
- Track equipment, supply and reagent levels and order as necessary
- Inspect laboratory instruments and equipment and test periodically to ensure functioning within specified standards; coordinate and schedule all necessary repairs and preventative maintenance as needed
- Minimum of a B.S. in science or education required; one year STEM professional or teaching experience preferred
- This position requires an individual with outstanding attitude and customer service who is friendly, outgoing and has the ability to work well as part of a team
- The Instructor must be able to work independently with initiative to manage own workload without much supervision
- The Instructor must be flexible and adapt well in unpredictable situations
- Extensive travel with possible overnight stays throughout Maryland is required; the Instructor must have own transportation and be available for day, evening and occasional weekend functions
The Fine Print
- MdBio Foundation offers many benefits to its employees, including paid leave, health insurance, 401(k), and tuition reimbursement. The candidate will be selected for hire based on the following criteria: Education, experience, subject area of expertise, communication skills, minimum of three professional references, background check, and availability. Salary range is $35,000 – $45,000.
- To apply, please send your resume with a statement of qualifications.