MdBioLab aims to provide a safe learning environment for students, teachers, and all guests who come on-board. As such, we ask that all visitors help us enforce MdBioLab’s Safety Rules and Regulations.
MdBioLab Safety Rules + Regulations
MdBioLab aims to provide a safe learning environment for students, teachers, and all guests who come on-board. As such, we ask that you help us enforce MdBioLab’s Safety Rules and Regulations:
- Each student must return a signed consent form before entering MdBioLab. We ask that you give signed consent forms to the MdBioLab instructors before your students enter the truck. Teachers are responsible for ensuring that all students aboard the truck have a signed form.
- Students are expected to wear closed toed shoes on-board the MdBioLab. Students should also tie back long hair.
- MdBioLab will provide goggles and gloves when appropriate for the laboratory activity should be worn at all times.
- Food, drink, and gum are prohibited on MdBioLab during laboratory activities.
- Because space on the mobile laboratory is limited, we require that all students leave personal items (books, backpacks, coats, etc.) behind in the classroom. Students only need to bring their activity handouts with them.
- It is of utmost priority to ensure that there is no horseplay amongst students due to limited space and the presence of potentially harmful materials on the truck. Any student jeopardizing the safety of any of the other students, teachers, or instructors on MdBioLab will be asked to leave.
- MdBioLab is an extension of the classroom lab and any rules that apply inside the school will apply on MdBioLab as well.