The DoD STEM Ambassador Program recognizes passionate K-16 educators and promotes STEM learning across the nation. Learning Undefeated is partnering with DoD STEM to nominate one teacher for the 2023/24 school year. Could our next STEM Ambassador be you?
Who Can Apply?
The program is open to K-16 STEM classroom educators, counselors, and/or STEM resource teachers. DoD STEM Ambassadors are carefully chosen by the Department of Defense STEM Education Consortium (DSEC) and DoD STEM based on their commitment to working with students who have been historically underrepresented in STEM and/or are military connected.
As members of this program, teachers will partner with Defense STEM Education Consortium (DSEC) to advance STEM outreach throughout the 2023-2024 school year. As members of this prestigious cohort, DoD STEM Ambassadors will collaborate to create and curate resources to support STEM educators across the nation in implementing high-quality STEM learning for all students.
STEM Ambassadors receive an award of $20,000 for the school year. This includes $12,500 educator stipend, $5,000 educator classroom materials and supplies, and $2,500 educator conference or Professional Development attendance (registration, lodging, travel).
What Will I Do as a DoD STEM Ambassador?
- Develop and execute a Planning for Impact project that addresses STEM challenges or provides meaningful STEM experiences to military-connected and/or underrepresented students.
- Author guest blog posts to be featured on the DoD STEM website.
- Support at least one presentation at national, state, and/or local conferences to share DoD STEM resources (may or may-not be DSEC-sponsored events).
- Meet monthly (virtually) with Ambassador cohort as a community of practice to network, learn from each other, and engage in professional learning opportunities addressing the domains listed above
How does Learning Undefeated support you?
- Support you in your project planning and implementation
- Provide your school with a mobile lab visit
- Help you network with DoD STEM and their resources
If you have any questions about the program please contact Dr. Benedetta Naglieri.